Welcome to Chris (Unoman)- your Uno page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Martin
Administrator

United Kingdom
7828 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2006 :  21:37:28  Show Profile  Visit Martin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris and welcome - (I've just been looking at the new member sign-ins).... you're informative Uno home page has a table of all the Unos....

http://www.uno.ne1.net
just thought I'd mention there are three engine capacities to the Uno Turbos... two are Mark 1's and then the Mark 2. All of them are "turbo ie"s - in other words the Uno turbos all had injectors and ecu's..... the C plate imports from 1985 carry a smaller capacity engine (1299cc I think), which was then revised to 1301cc....
see also http://www.sfconline.org.uk/models/uno/uno.asp

but the important thing when thinking of tuning is to obtain the third version ecu on the Mark 1s. As this one takes the 1 bar boost without any piggy backing chips etc.... the fuelling maps are improved.

Martin

jimx19
Net Member

27 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2006 :  00:28:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin,

How can you differentate the different types of MK1 Uno Turbo ECU's? as I have a couple lying around with my complete engine and I want to know if I have the 3rd version!

1977 X1/9 (x 2)
1989 X1/9 SE
1994 Integrale EVO II
Go to Top of Page

Martin
Administrator

United Kingdom
7828 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2006 :  13:56:35  Show Profile  Visit Martin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The quickest way is by the colour of the front stickers on the Marelli unit under the bonnet, (remember there is another Bosch unit inside the car), the Marelli unit has a white, red, or black background. Its the black background with green letters you want.....

Martin
Go to Top of Page

Louie Bee
Net Member

Netherlands
59 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2006 :  21:33:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See you spotted my sticker SFC sticker and decided to join Chris

Martin could the 1299 be on a D plate too

Hope everyone on here is well .

Lewis.

Edited by - Louie Bee on 11 Jan 2006 21:33:48
Go to Top of Page

Martin
Administrator

United Kingdom
7828 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2006 :  02:21:02  Show Profile  Visit Martin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like I'd better check some of the Mk1 facts on our Uno page too........ think the valve sizes are inlet 38mm and exhaust 33mm on the MK1 1301..... what we don't say is how much easier the Mk1 plenum is to modify inside too.....
technically I think the Garrett turbo on the Mk2 is a later T1, the housing and actuator are not quite T2 layout, but it is in the T2 era and as the internals are so similar for both you could describe it as T2 with no problems. I'll have to check the code stamping on a few.

and Chris B has sent some Uno T shots down for glueing 't' site..... ooo another white one!

L, the early Uno T with 1299 could well be on a D plate, depending upon when the dealers actually sold them.

Martin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sporting Fiats Club © 2003-2011 Sporting Fiats Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000