348 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2015 :  21:34:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
?

Edited by - s130 on 18 Mar 2017 18:48:45

fostertom
Net Member

United Kingdom
987 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2015 :  19:45:49  Show Profile  Visit fostertom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep
Go to Top of Page

coupegb

United Kingdom
824 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2015 :  14:23:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are on Facebook now

1968 124 coupe AC torq
1969 124 Coupe AC 4link
1971 124 Spider BS1
1976 124 Spider CS1
2012 Abarth 500C esseesse and Monza
2000 Coupe Plus

Go to Top of Page

Martin
Administrator

United Kingdom
7813 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2015 :  14:03:54  Show Profile  Visit Martin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heqding towards Facebook......... is this naturally inevitability?

Martin
Go to Top of Page

fostertom
Net Member

United Kingdom
987 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  19:24:12  Show Profile  Visit fostertom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is that what's happening to this forum? Something is, as in 'it's not happening'.
Go to Top of Page

julian
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
3705 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  08:12:18  Show Profile  Visit julian's Homepage  Click to see julian's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No conscious effort to move to Facebook although we did consider it a long time ago. Having witnessed what has happened to the like of the X19OC on facebook I am not convinced it is a good idea as it has really fractured that community.

I can see the benefits and they are quite substantial but equally I don't envisage abandoning this format either as the benefits here are huge too (ignoring the ongoing, continuous threat of hacks and spam)

2009 Abarth 500
Go to Top of Page

fostertom
Net Member

United Kingdom
987 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2015 :  15:09:19  Show Profile  Visit fostertom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes - on FB also LinkedIn etc, is there any solution to the problem of incoherent, mixed-together threads, inaccessibility of 'archived' stuff or even early bits of active threads, old stuff being deleted etc?
Go to Top of Page

julian
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
3705 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2015 :  14:22:20  Show Profile  Visit julian's Homepage  Click to see julian's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
FB controls the order - you can ask for most recent first or most popular but it periodically resets your preferences regardless. It is still threaded though, with branched threads too (something we don't have here).
As for things getting deleted, FB claim they keep everything *but* they also have veto over the content - anything they don't like or someone complains about will be removed with no way of recovering it or overturning the decision.

Linked In is a bit more mature but not necessarily getting through to all the right people (the same applies to FB of course).

I've sort of looked at setting up a FB application instead of a club page but so far it has lacked cohesion (or progress). This would give us the best of both worlds - a login through FB, visibility to a much larger audience but we get to keep the content and it is shared between both sites. The biggest hurdle in all this is me - overcoming my personal distrust of FB and dislike of how it is run plus finding the time to actually do it...

2009 Abarth 500
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sporting Fiats Club © 2003-2011 Sporting Fiats Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000