New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Emm

United Kingdom
1284 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2008 :  12:43:32  Show Profile  Click to see Emm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
OK I'm going to Hijack Emm's first post a bit....

This is not your usual classic car show day!..... its a celebration of a new Town Twinning arrangement between Stone and Bagnacavallo...which happens to have an Italian themed car display on Stone's Show Ground as part of the events for the day

We now have an officially confirmed 20 car stand - as this is the first year of this event.. and I'd like to ask for a liaison volunteer to work with the Town's organisers for future years... because this is so different to anything we have done in the past there is likely to be a wide variety of Italian themes and interests for both of the Town communities, and the SFC to get involved with during the year in between. Ideas plans and actions may need looking after during the year in the future.

On the Day
The formal speeches and presentations will begin in the town square at 11am, so assume you need to be in place on our stand by 10am.

There are special events, Italian themed market stalls and many other interests and activities.... (Organiser Nino will be sending me a detailed schedule for the day soon)

ITALY SET IN STONE

We would like to invite you and your club to our Italian Day in Stone.

We cannot promise to bring out Mediterranean sunshine, but for the first time residents and visitors to Stone will be able to experience the sights, sounds and aromas of Italy

Stone’s Italian day will feature an Italian Market, Italian Cars, Italian Music, Italian cooking demonstrations and visitors from their Italian Twin Town Bagnacavallo. The colourful stalls will be overflowing with fresh produce including breads and pastries, coffee, ice cream, cheeses, olives, fresh pasta, cold meats, dry fruits, spices and nuts. There will even be jewels made of lava stone and natural hand-made soaps

Motor enthusiasts from across the region and beyond are in for a special treat, confirmed so far are Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Maseratis, Fiats, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Ducati, Motoguzzi.
The free, one-day Italian spectacular - located in the market town of Stone - looks set to attract the crowds.

If you wish to sample fine Italian products then visit Stone on Sunday May 18th

Entry is free
WestbridgePark (Stone Show Ground)
Stafford Street
Stone
ST15 8QW

A bit if the history to this first festival............
Bagnacavallo is an Italian large village (or mini town) of about 16,000 souls... with origins dating back to the Middle Ages.... its got strong local agricultural roots.... lots of related produce... and connections to the classic shoe making industry (as well as lots more).... now you can go and look it up on Multi Map etc..... the idea for this Town Twinning sprang from visiting English students' suggestions... resulting in exchanges and Mayoral approvals being granted last Autumn.
Instead of 'rolling' the whole celebrations into the normal Stone Fete and Market events, they've decided to make a themed Italian day of it!
The organising for this event is also approved by but independent of the usual Town Hall 'channels'... (which has caught me out this time)

So that's where we've got to..... come along and find out!
M

Edited by - Emm on 25 Jan 2008 13:13:07

abarthmark

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  12:57:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll try and get there if I can, sounds like a good day out!

Renault Clio 172 Renaultsport, Vauxhall Astra 1.6i Club Automatic, Nissan Primastar 115Dci 8 seater taxi
Go to Top of Page

Martin
Administrator

United Kingdom
7817 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  17:23:44  Show Profile  Visit Martin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We need to know a bit more so we can 'pitch it' at the right sort of members....

in particular, if you think of Tatton Hall - set in a park, it has a large motoring centred set of stalls plus entertainiment for the two days.....

.......its really a 'park and polish' in the classic car traditon.... with folks like us adding a few more modified cars in between the classics.... plus a few kit car and replica clubs around.

It may be that they are looking to copy this format - but we need to know.

Martin
Go to Top of Page

Emm

United Kingdom
1284 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  21:37:29  Show Profile  Click to see Emm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Martin

It may be that they are looking to copy this format - but we need to know.

Hey m!! thanks for the email Im on the case and have made an enquiry to get the organisers contact info, waiting for a reply from my source atm, will get back to you with my findings asap

Go to Top of Page

Emm

United Kingdom
1284 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2008 :  21:13:38  Show Profile  Click to see Emm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
mission compleated .....contact details on the way to your Email account M! I'll forward them in a bit when LB has finished with the puter

Go to Top of Page

Kason
Net Member

United Kingdom
623 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2008 :  08:02:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in, bring at least two cars, should be a great day out for the family, especially as they are Italian.
Go to Top of Page

Kason
Net Member

United Kingdom
623 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2008 :  08:08:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bagnacavallo is a town in the province of Ravenna, Emilia-Romagna, Italy. It is below Genova and a bit down from Milan on the Med coast. Emilia Romagna is a great province and close to ours of Piacenza and has great food and wine so it will be worth while experiencing the local Italian stalls.
Go to Top of Page

Emm

United Kingdom
1284 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2008 :  13:52:58  Show Profile  Click to see Emm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
any news on attending this event?

Go to Top of Page

Martin
Administrator

United Kingdom
7817 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2008 :  15:57:35  Show Profile  Visit Martin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

We cannot promise to bring out Mediterranean sunshine, but for the first time residents and visitors to Stone will be able to experience the sights, sounds and aromas of Italy

Stone’s Italian day will feature an Italian Market, Italian Cars, Italian Music, Italian cooking demonstrations and visitors from their Italian Twin Town Bagnacavallo. The colourful stalls will be overflowing with fresh produce including breads and pastries, coffee, ice cream, cheeses, olives, fresh pasta, cold meats, dry fruits, spices and nuts. There will even be jewels made of lava stone and natural hand-made soaps

So long as they do pizzas in the piazza - there'l be a big SFC queue!

Martin
Go to Top of Page

Pottsy
Net Member

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2008 :  03:38:29  Show Profile  Visit Pottsy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm up for it!

Pottsy

Edited by - Pottsy on 22 Mar 2008 03:38:54
Go to Top of Page

Roasty
Net Member

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2008 :  08:59:48  Show Profile  Visit Roasty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bit of a trek for me.
Go to Top of Page

sumplug

Spain
5861 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2008 :  10:27:38  Show Profile  Click to see sumplug's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Trev.
Seeing that most events take place in the south, most of them are a trek for me and Pottsy, but we still attend them!! Adds to the fun having a convoy down.
So no excuse to any member really. This event fortunately is a lot closer, so i am pencilled in.

Andy.

Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7CRD.
Maskerati 4200 Cabriocorsa.
Lancia Delta Mk 2
Go to Top of Page

Martin
Administrator

United Kingdom
7817 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2008 :  12:29:25  Show Profile  Visit Martin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its official, we now have a stand on the day,

Please post of you like pottering around Stone sampling the delights of North East Italian fare etc.... this is the right one for you!

Bagnacavallo - think I've spelt it right this time!

Maps and details are on their way when finalised (possible next week).....

Trailors and rigs have a parking area in Stone's rowing club (next to the Show Ground with the stand)...... I haven't checked distances yet myself!... all this to follow

"20 things you didn't know about......."
The City of Bagnacavallo:
Region: Emilia-Romagna - Italy.
Province Ravenna (RA)
Zone Northern East Italy

Mayor: Laura Rossi

Population 16,122 (M 7,802; F 8,320)
Density (per square km): 202.7
Number of Families 6,720
Houses: 6,991
Population: Name bagnacavallesi
Patron Saint: San Michele

Zip Code 48012
Phone Prefix (+39) 0545
Istat Code 039002
Belfiore Code A547

Bagnacavallo City Hall Address:
Piazza della Libertà, 12 - 48012 Bagnacavallo - ITALY

Phone Number: (+39) 0545-280811; Fax: (+39) 0545-61224

Bagnacavallo Localities
Villanova, Traversara, Prati, Masiera, Rossetta, Glorie, Boncellino

Adjacent Towns
Alfonsine, Cotignola, Faenza, Fusignano, Lugo, Ravenna, Russi

Now how about your Italian?

Martin
Go to Top of Page

Emm

United Kingdom
1284 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2008 :  13:24:52  Show Profile  Click to see Emm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Its official, we now have a stand on the day,

woohoo!!
Count me in, will bring two Fiats if there is the available space

Go to Top of Page

Martin
Administrator

United Kingdom
7817 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2008 :  13:59:56  Show Profile  Visit Martin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Following a short delay (to check us out I think) the organisers have granted us as many parking places as we need.. there are no effective limits on spaces, as long as we tell them before hand... up to about 100 slots....

...so bring em on, and grab a taste of Italy on Stone Day !!

Martin
Go to Top of Page

Emm

United Kingdom
1284 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2008 :  14:04:11  Show Profile  Click to see Emm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Following a short delay (to check us out I think) the organisers have granted us as many parking places as we need.. there are no effective limits on spaces, as long as we tell them before hand... up to about 100 slots....

...so bring em on, and grab a taste of Italy on Stone Day !!

Wow! thats alot of spaces!

We most definatly will bring two Fiats then could bring three but Rosie Amore hasnt quite got the hang of steering yet

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sporting Fiats Club © 2003-2011 Sporting Fiats Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000